Troop 84 Summer Camp 2009
Dates : Sunday Aug 2nd to Saturday August 8th, 2009
Summer Camp for 2009 will be at Camp Bell which is part of the Griswold Scout Reservation
in Gilmanton Iron Works, New Hampshire
Camp Bell is a unique Scouting experience. This troop and patrol camp is designed for all aged Scouts to participate in. Patrols visit a program area for a good part of a day, participate in activities and instruction, earn advancement and strengthen the patrol all at the same time. Patrol Cooking is offered in the campsite as a means of building the patrol method and strengthening cooking skills. Camp Bell offers a camping challenge for troops and patrols ready for classic Scouting.
While at Camp Bell choose from these great experiences
• Brownsea: scout outdoor skills, pioneering, cooking, rope work, woods tools, Tenderfoot and Second Class skills.
• Aquatics: largest lake on property, motor boating, tubing, water skiing, patrol sailing, snorkeling, swimming, kayaking and patrol games.
• The Stables: NH Farming at the turn of the century, farm animals, gardening, farm skills, farm mechanics and horse back riding
• Logging Camp: visit the old lumberjack settlements and learn skills in forestry, wood stools, lumberjack games from the north woods lumber camps
• Mountain Man: Participate in the lore of trappers and frontiersmen, black powder rifles, tomahawk throw, field archery, leather work
• Challenge Valley: patrol challenges, a muddy obstacle course.
• Climbing Barn: Indoor climbing barn, rappelling.
• Search and Rescue: Meet challenges of emergency situations, using skills of First Aid, emergency preparedness, wilderness survival and orienteering.
Venture Scouts have the option of attending the Valley Voyageur or Spokes High Adventure programs at Hidden Valley. Try this program of mountain biking, rock climbing and sea kayaking outside of the Reservation
Leader Information :
Camp Bell Leader Guide
Venture Scouts have the option of attending the
Valley Voyageur or Spokes High Adventure programs at Hidden Valley.
DON'T MISS THIS GREAT TRADITIONAL
TROOP 84 ADVENTURE
Click here for Summer Camp 2008 information at Hidden Valley